Sunday, November 21, 2010

Perfection

Definition
a : being entirely without fault or defect : flawless <a perfect diamond>

Perfection is reached, not when there is nothing left to gain, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I've always forced myself toward perfection. I'm not perfect, Though I'm starting to get pretty impressive at acting that I'm good enough. I will never be perfect in anybodies eyes. I could never be good enough for you, or for me. Its strange though. People seem to like me to a degree. They get caught up in the fun of my life. As soon as they get to know me though, i mean nothing to them. Just another pretty face to flaunt before the crowds. I am nothing but a pretty face to anyone anymore.

Nobody knows me anyway, anyone who i hold as a friend wouldn't begin to think that i could have been the author of this. Because my 'friends' know nothing but my pretty face. They wouldn't guess that i cry myself to sleep most nights, That i write letters that will never be delivered to try and make sense of whats going on, They would never believe that somewhere beyond the pleasantries, there is a hollow shell of a human.

My secret: I hate being your pretty face so much, I cant even look in the mirror anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment