Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Depression

Main Entry: de·pres·sion
Pronunciation: di-'pre-sh&n, dE-
Function: noun

1. a psychoneurotic or psychotic disorder marked especially by sadness, inactivity, difficulty in thinking and concentration, a significant increase or decrease in appetite and time spent sleeping, feelings of dejection and hopelessness, and sometimes suicidal tendencies

I wonder, reader, if you've ever felt depressed? Have you ever been so lost in your own misery that you've forgotten about the world around you? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to die?

I have. You see, my life hasn't been pretty butterflies and rainbows. Many would have expected it to have been. I come from a privileged family, I had everything a child could ever want in most ways. I had the Music lessons, The Pony, The puppy, the sports. I had The Friends, The Family, The Life.

That's what everyone saw. I'm writing this journal to tell someone, anyone, that's really not how it was at all. I'm writing this to tell you, a complete stranger, what I haven't told My closest friends. I'm writing this to be free.

My secret? I am broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment